SERVICE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Most can be done on the phone but if there’s something we need to see in person, we’ll come out for free.
All of our jobs are quoted in ranges of hours with a $125 minimum. Unless there’s a condition that we didn’t expect prior to starting the job, if it takes us longer, then that’s on us!
If we can’t fix what you need us to, but we try, we will charge the $125 minimum and provide you with a written assessment of your problem.
All materials will be paid for by the homeowner. If we need to make a run to the store and purchase something in order to complete your job, you will be billed at the hourly rate for that trip.
We are a COD business. We require a credit card when we schedule an appointment. When our contractor is done with the work, you can pay him by credit card on site or call into the office with payment.
We take Visa, Mastercard and ACH (Automatic Check transfer). Our contractors are not authorized to accept cash.
Cancellations are free if provided 24 hours or more before scheduled service. If you schedule an appointment and are not there when we arrive, or cancel within 24 hours we reserve the right to charge the $125 minimum service fee.
We service Oakland and Macomb County and some areas of Wayne County including the Grosse Pointes.
SCHEDULING YOUR VISIT / HOURS OF OPERATION
- Some jobs take more than one visit to complete. If we know in advance that we’ll need more than one day – we will schedule multiple times with you. You will be billed in full at the end of the project
- We require that an adult is present at all times while we are working in your home.
- We work during standard business hours: 8am-5pm. If you need us to accommodate a weekend or evening appointment we will do our best and we charge a 50% premium.
- We do not provide emergency services, but we know that some things have more urgency when it comes to repairs than others. We make every effort to accommodate our customers’ needs.
OUR PROFESSIONAL CODE OF CONDUCT
Our trade professionals will all meet the Hearth and Home Handyman Code of Conduct which includes:
- No smoking on the premises, professional conduct at all times and no loud music or phone use
- Carry requisite cleaning supplies at all times, remove all debris and clean the work area prior to leaving
- Tarp any areas of the home necessary to prevent the spread of dust and debris
- Wear shoe guards if working indoors to protect the homeowner’s floors
- Confirm job satisfaction prior to leaving the premises
OUR PROFESSIONALS – WHO WE BRING ON TO THE HEARTH AND HOME HANDYMAN TEAM
We require the following from all of our trade professionals:
- 10+ years of construction experience
- Professional and homeowner referrals
- Liability insurance
- Criminal Background Checks
- Full inventory of tools necessary to complete the job
- Reliable and clean transportation